How to Fix Error Code 0x80080005
The procedure to disable the proxy connection is as follows:
- Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools->Internet Options
- Goto Connections and LAN Settings
- Check to make sure the Proxy server is disabled.
Second case would be with your Antivirus. There are proxy settings enabled under your settings of any security programs that you may be using. If you cannot find the procedure to stop it, you can ask our techs on chat support to guide you.
Repair and Solutions for Error Code 0x80080005:
There are failed windows update services that could also cause you this Error 0x80080005 while updating Windows.
Try the below steps to repair Windows services:
Repairing Windows update services is not possible like you repair any windows apps from the add/remove programs. There is a procedure that you need to follow through command lines.
This requires the user to have administrator rights on his computer. As per the Microsoft set of rules defined on various Knowledge base articles, the steps are simplified as mentioned here to reset your windows update services.
NOTE: following these steps carefully will not make any changes to your personal data or programs. It will only reset the Windows update services.
- Open command prompt as administrator by right clicking on it.
- Goto c:windows
- Rename software distribution folder to old
- Some cases it may not happen until you stop the windows update services
- To stop that, you can run a command line net stop wuauserv and hit enter
- Followed by you can try to rename this folder software distribution to old
- Then you can restart the windows update service
- Use this command “Net start wuauserv” and hit enter
- Check for updates now.
SFC Scan to Fix Error Code 0x80080005:
SFC SCAN is the command line that we use to do this process. I will explain you the steps in detail on how to perform this scan.
- Firstly, open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Then type this below syntax on the command line window.
- SFC /SCANNOW
- And Hit Enter